Wednesday, April 3, 2013

'Slaw Burgers

Burgers With Coleslaw!



My dad made these while I was home over break and I just! They were! I cant even! AH!

Ground Beef (or turkey)

Green Cabbage
Red Cabbage
Chopped Green onions
Italian Parsley
Grated Carrots (optional)
Homemade Mayo (THIS IS WHAT MAKES IT A SUPER SLAW INSTEAD OF A BORING OLD SLAW SLAW! RECIPE BELOW)
Lemon Juice
Salt 
Pepper 

Make yer burgers anyway ya like! We BBQ'd them (charcoal, indirect heat, as always)

Shred, grate, chop, your cabbages and carrots.
Chop up the green onions and parsley, toss those in!
Slap a big ole scoop of HOMEMADE MAYO on there!
Mix it all up and add salt and pepper as you go for taste.
Also squeeze a little bit o' lemon on there for a fresh zesty taste.

I didn't put any measurements because it really all depends on YOUR taste. Just don't overdue the green onions! It's also probably best to add the mayo slowly so you don't overdue that either. You don't want a slaw soup. (But maybe you do, and that's alright.)
  
MMMMmmmmayo
This is seriously the most delicious dinner I've had in a long while.
I cannot stress enough that it's the homemade mayo that makes the coleslaw different from what you are used to. If you haven't tried to make it yet, gogogo! The recipe is a few posts below. It's a bit tricky so don't give up after your first try!


Be well! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment